Saturday, July 18, 2009

Running with Scissors; Cutting Edge "Cut"ure.


Like the Phoenix risen from the ashes of over-it fashion, custom self-made clothing seems to be the new must have. By way of side window air con, a quick snip snip is all you need to change a drab garment into a crowd pleasing piece. Old shirts that were well on their way to the dumpster can magically be transformed into a night-out go to. 


Finding myself noticing more and more every night these razor back and sideless creations I decided to do some investigating of my own. I turned to fellow Champagne boy
 and best bud Paul Charbonneau.

"I really just felt sexier wearing them, and its easy to do. I just cut off the arms and then kept on cutting!"


This seemed simple enough, and so later that day I searched my own closet for a not so willing participant to perform surgery on. A couple of old gym shirts and a plain pajama tee wedged in the back of the closet seemed perfect candidates. And so, I began clipping away. Before long I was left with a piece that boasted less fabric than the pile on the floor- I would need to be on nipple patrol all night!


However scandalous, these transformed tops are now a clubbing fav of mine- I recommend layering them or pairing with a vest or blazer to dress them up. They also make great pool side lounge wear and perfect breathable club couture.Fabulous indeed, but a warning is in need. This behavior can become addictive and result with your wardrobe looking like the victim of a senseless slasher movie.




~J

No comments: